User Review( votes)
Ever wondered if you could play Assetto Corsa or any other sim without using a wheel but still be almost as smooth as a wheel user? Well, now you can use your mouse for that. Huge shoutout to Fowraw for sharing the files and writing this tutorial!
Now the thing is with the regular mouse steering you are able to do everything, but drift and that’s because there is some kind of permanent traction control that cant be turned off.
But with this tutorial you can avoid that, the way that basicaly the game recognizes the mouse steering as a wheel. For this you will need a few applications – Vjoy, FreePie, Easy Mouse Lock – optional, should use it unless you want the mouse cursor flying around while playing, and also you have to have a script.
You can get everything from the download link at the bottom of this post!
Let’s do this in a couple steps:
- Install all the apps. Once you’ve installed Vjoy, open Config Vjoy and make sure your first tab is same as in the picture below.
- Once you’ve configured Vjoy. Launch FreePie, go to the File tab and open up “Script.py” after you’ve done that, go to the Script tab and click “Run” or simply press F5 key.
- Now copy the preset file – “mouse.ini” to “C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controllers\presets\”
- Launch the game and go to options, controls and make sure you’ve set the input method to wheel/custom. Search for “mouse” in the Configuration Presets and once you’ve selected it hit “Apply preset”.
- If you don’t want the mouse cursor flying around you should use Easy Mouse Lock to lock the cursor. You are able to use the trial for a few days, but for a longer use you need to purchase it.
That’s it. Setting your mouse up for Assetto Corsa is pretty straight forward.
Now go and shred some rubber.
IMPORTANT! UPDATE FIX! If vJoy doesnt work!
- Remove registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vjoy
- Reboot computer
- Reinstall vJoy.
Make sure you have the latest version from here!
To go to the regeditor just right click the windows desktop start icon and go to search type in regedit >> click the Run command.
Then in the reg editor navigate to the vJoy directory.