User Review( votes)
To be able to drift proper u need to set up your force feedback right. The following tutorial will explain how to do so, this is specifficly for G27/29 and DFGT steering wheels. This was originally posted by RasmusP on Racedepartment i did make slight adjustments to make it a little better for drifting. Below this post is a link to the various LUT files, there are tree different since we all have our own preferences so just test them out wich you like best personally i like the one with GAMMA. For DFGT users theres only one LUT file.
Important: the first two values are the most important ones to get rid of the deadzone. If your wheel is shaking when standing still or vibrating too much: Lower the first value (0|0.120) to maybe 0|0.100. This first value is NOT influenced by the overall ffb from the game! The game ffb starts at the second value.
01. Adjust InGame-settings and Profiler:
02. Open the controls.ini:
You can find it in: “C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini”
set “MIN_FF=0.00“, “CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=0.0“, “CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0.1” (range doesn’t matter if “GAIN=0.0”)
03. open the assetto_corsa.ini:
You can find it in: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini”
set ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.0
04. open the ff_post_process.ini
You can find it in:”C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini”
set VERSION=1, TYPE=LUT, ENABLED=1, VALUE=1.0, Curve=%nameOfYourLutFile%
This enables the LUT. If the Value is NOT 1.0 the LUT won’t work as it should!
05. Put the LUT into the same folder as the ff_post_process.ini!
5. HAPPY DRIFTING 🙂
– overall: 100
– spring: 0
– damper: 0
– untick center spring, NO combined pedals, 900° rotation, TICK “allow game to adjust settings”
– Gain: 100% (75-125% In the CAR)
– Filter: 0
– Min Force: 0%
– kerb: 12%
– road: 10% (10% is enough to give you some subtle vibrations on surface changes)
– slip: 5% (important to feel spinning or locking wheels!)
– understeer: untick (unrealistic, only good for learning)
– Steering Settings: gamma 1, filter 0, sensivity 0!!
– DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0: This means, that the InGame dampening (a few versions ago there was a slider?!) is OFF, when the Engine says the damper to be zero. If you increase this settings, your dampening will ALWAYS BE ON, even if the engine does NOT give the input for it.
– DAMPER_GAIN=0.0: I don’t like it! The G27 delivers already very few details so you don’t want anything to be dampened!