What is this? This is a tool that produces an FFB lookup table for AC. It is used to (hopefully) correct the non-linear behavior of the motors located on our steering wheels.
This automated FFB LUT Generator for AC uses as input the csv file produced by WheelCheck.
How to use:
1. Run WheelCheck
2. “Max Count” should be at least 50 in box. Lower values work, but 50 or even 100 give better results.
3. Select “Step Log 2 (linear force test)” and wait until the test stops.
4. Extract LUTGenerator.zip you’ve just downloaded wherever you want and run LUTGenerator.exe
5. Open the csv that was just generated by WheelCheck.
6. Save the generated LUT in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ folder, eg myLUT.lut
7. Open ff_post_process.ini located in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ and make sure the TYPE=LUT, ENABLED=1 and CURVE = Generated LUT filename
MIN FORCE should be set to 0 in Assetto Corsa!!
After this, do not alter the FFB Strength in your wheel’s profiler!! If you change the FFB Gain in your wheel’s profiler, you should rerun wheelcheck+lutgenerator.
Step 7 clarification:
For example, if the file you produced with LUTGenerator is myLUT.lut, then this is how the ff_post_process.ini should look: